History and Mission
St. Mary’s Residence is owned and operated by the Daughters of Divine Charity (FDC). It was the first American foundation of the FDC’s who arrived from Hungary in 1913.
The community moved to several different locations over the years. In 1966, the present building, capable of accommodating 152 residents, was completed.
Women continuing their education, beginning their professional careers, or interning in New York City are accepted.
As actively apostolic religious we are impelled by unconditional love of God and imbued with the Charism of our Foundress, Mother Franziska Lechner, to “make God’s love visible” to all.